Monday, February 15, 2010

We're baaa...aaacck!


IMG_1752
Originally uploaded by punomatic
We just can't keep ourselves away from Hood Canal. Today we drove to The Waterfront at Potlatch RV resort and parked in our favorite spot (#7). The weather for the drive up was pretty nice, with intermittent sun and no rain all the way!

I guess direct marketing works. The resort sent us an email saying that we could get one night free if we paid for a night's lodging. Well, that was too much for me to resist. So, we made a reservation and here we are for the first Travel with Sadie of 2010.

It was fun "de-winterizing" Sadie. We brought her home on Friday. My first task was to check all the tires and the air suspension. I got them all aired up to the proper inflation, and then I installed the senders on all the tires for my new Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).

The TPMS I chose is from Truck Systems Technologies. It includes radio frequency sending units that screw on to the tire valve stems, and a monitor that sits on Sadie's dash board. As we drive along, I get updates of the air pressure and temperature of each tire, every few seconds. The system not only monitors Sadie's tires but Daisy Mae's (our towed vehicle) as well! That is very comforting, since we had a blowout on Daisy Mae last spring that we didn't know about, until we heard the bare rim rolling on the pavement. Ouch!!

We had some problems with TV once we got settled. First I tried to find the satellites with our roof top "automatic" satellite dish. According to the system, we found satellite #119, but we could not get any programming to come in. Next I tried our "back up" dish. I was able to find both satellite #119 and #110, which are the two satellites for Dish Network. But I couldn't get a good enough signal from 119.

So, next we tried the free cable TV. We were only able to find 12 channels on our main TV, but our cheapo "Curtis" (I bet you never heard of that brand!) picked them all up. Unfortunately, the reception was pretty awful. We asked at the office whether anyone had had similar problems. The owner came over and tried very hard to make it work. At last I realized that the problem was in our wiring. I made a couple of changes, and now we have a clear picture, but still only 12 channels on the Vizio. How we do suffer.

We are considering taking Daisy Mae, tomorrow, and heading for Port Townsend, a lovely Victorian town up the road about 65 miles. As an alternate, we might go to Port Ludlow, about the same distance in a different direction. Or... we could just have a lazy day in the coach, with books and movies and games and lounging around.

It's the choices in life that wear one down; know what I'm sayin' here??

1 comment: