Friday, October 23, 2009

Fire in the Hole!

After we returned from Hood Canal, I removed Sadie's furnace and began inspections. I cleaned up the fan, which wasn't that dirty. Then I checked the sail switch and found that it works fine.

At that point I was stumped. Then I got on the RV.net Forum, which is the source of 95% of my RV knowledge. (The other 5% is trial and error...oh, yeah...lots of error.) Someone sent me a link to a service manual for my furnace. Included was a diagnostic routine for a furnace that has a working blower but no flame.

My time has been somewhat monopolized recently, helping Pat and Katie get their new house cleaned and painted, plumbing up to date, locks changed, and sundry projects completed. They are moving in today. The point of all of this is that I hadn't a chance to work on the furnace until Tuesday, when I ran the diagnostics and found that the limit switch was bad.

Yesterday, I picked up a new switch, and today I installed it. That was the ticket. I reinstalled the furnace and turned on the thermostat, and voila, fire in the hole. It is kind of like having one of your children suddenly get well from an ailment, to have your coach "whole" again.

Now, Jill, where is the calendar. We gotta get campin' again.

No comments:

Post a Comment