Monday, October 5, 2009

Winsome weather, walking wife, and new neighbors


Today dawned crystal clear, except for a slight layer of mist over parts of the canal. As the day progressed, the weather became more beautiful, if that is possible. It definitely felt like fall; nevertheless, it was warm enough that no jacket was required, which would not have been the case if the wind had been blowing.

As you can see in Jill's photos, the water was as smooth as glass. In my water-skiing days, I would have given anything for a day like today. Alas, I have neither a boat, nor water skis, nor the death wish that would be necessary to get me back on them. It is sometimes nice to relive the memories and appreciate God's creation just for the sheer beauty and not for the practical applications for which one might use it.

After we spent about an hour doing our current Bible study, we made a trip to Hoodsport, about 3 or 4 miles up Hwy 101, and "did the shops." There is a row of half a dozen or so touristy boutiques, although not all of them were open today. The used book store that we so enjoyed a year ago is now a tattoo parlor. Things change, and we like to see what small (I mean really small) town America is up to from time to time.

After lunch, I nodded off and then crawled into our bed for a "short" nap. I awakened about two hours later. Jill called to me, when she saw I was up, and said I needed to meet the new neighbors. They are from Tillamook, and they are Christians. We enjoyed chatting with them about many things, including the times we live in and how they fit in with Bible prophecies.

I learned that, while I was in the arms of Morpheus, Jill hiked around the RV park several laps to get her exercise. She said that the neighbors teased her some, but bless her heart, she walked for a half hour. I was not that motivated today.

No comments:

Post a Comment