Friday, March 8, 2013

Oh, dopey me!

If you have been following the saga of "As The Stomach Turns," (aka, Tom attempts a furnace repair) you will know that I have not had stellar success with my repair efforts. In fact, I was convinced that I had purchased a faulty circuit board.

This morning, I swallowed my pride and called the circuit board manufacturer for some advice.  Well, long story short, the ground wire to the circuit board was not making contact. I snugged it up, and Voila! Heat!

The furnace repair is finished. The furnace is reinstalled, and Jill is loading groceries aboard for a trip to Westfir, OR. 

I wish I had a dollar for every time I have read on the RV forum, "If you have an electrical problem, check the ground wire first." Had I heeded that advice, I might not have taken so long to effect the repair, nor pulled out so much of what little remaining hair I have! Tom, take note: "If you have an electrical problem, check the ground wire first."

Perhaps, it's my imagination running wild, but it seems to me that the furnace not only works well, but that it runs quieter, too. Whatever the case, I am elated to have the furnace working again. It is so much more fun to be able to come back from a romp on the beach or a hike in the woods and get adequately warmed up.

Happy travels. Look for another post soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment