Sunday, April 19, 2009

Closing in on the finish line...

Yesterday, I finished installing new weatherstripping on the driver's and passenger's doors. Then I washed Sadie and began applying wax to the front cap, so that bugs won't stick so readily. I did some detailing on the dash board and on the exterior, aired up the spare, tightened the screws on the license plate light. I also cleaned out the burner for the propane side of the refrigerator and thoroughly cleaned the compartment where the refrigeration equipment resides.

Tomorrow, we will clean her inside and then take her back to the storage facility. She is pretty much ready to go for our trip to Arizona and New Mexico. When we bring her home to pack, we will top off the fuel and propane, put another coat of wax on the front cap, shampoo the carpets, and then we will be ready to roll. I also want to take her to Les Schwab and have the tires checked for adequate air pressure and the lug nuts torqued.

I think we have covered the bases on preparations, when all of those things are done. I feel confident that Sadie can make an extended trip with minimal worries about mechanical problems. Just in case, we have Good Sam emergency road service, which is kind of like AAA for RVs.

So, our job now is to finish planning the packing and the routing for our trip. That is fun. We also need to make reservations at some RV parks in the area of the attractions we want to see. A lot goes into planning a trip like this. I'm sure if we do this again, we will find it easier.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait until we are scheduled into your journey! Hope you have a great time. You are going to keep blogging while traveling aren't you? I sure hope so....it almost feels as if we are getting ready with you.
    Praying for your safety
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete