Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggity jog...

Sadie is home again. John found a transmission temp sender that he thinks will work. He said he got five different ones and kept trying them until he got one to work. In the meantime, I think I identified the gauge as a Teleflex. They make marine gear, among lots of other products, and they have a line of senders. I don't know if any of them would work, but we shall see what happens with the sender John installed.

I took the long way home, so I could try the cruise control switch. It worked like a champ. Now I will be able to change lanes without having the cruise control shut off, when I use the turn signal. GM is pretty proud of that switch. The price was amazing.

The bumper repair, which John paid for, looks pretty good. I am a little disappointed in the fit of the rubber strip, which is kind of bowed away from the metal. The guy who fixed it thinks it will conform to the bumper when it gets warm enough in the sun. I hope so. The bumper doesn't look bad, and I am grateful that John paid the tab. Better have Jill take some cookies over!

Next on the agenda is to install some shelves in the storage bay. I think I will do that today, along with installing a shelf in the cabinet under the dining table. That will increase our storage a fair amount. I also need to install the weatherstripping on the driver's door. Once those things are done, I think we will be ready to roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment