Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Oh, dopey me!

Okay! If you read yesterday's post, you know that we are staying at Armitage park, near Eugene, OR.  You may also remember that I was concerned that I might not be able to post any photos, because I had forgotten the camera.  My hope was that I had remembered to bring the upload cable for my not-dumb phone (that is, it is not a smart phone, but it is capable of sending email and limited web-browsing). 

Well, of course, that was too much to hope for. No cable, no camera, what is a poor dopey blogger to do.  Aha! Why didn't I think of this before? I have a not-dumb phone. I can take pictures and email them to myself, open them on the computer and insert them in my blog! Voila! problem solved.

Not so fast there, Applebee. It is good to have a not-dumb phone that takes pictures (albeit, fuzzy ones) and can send email (albeit, slowly). Now, if only we had a not-dumb blogger. Let me begin from the beginning. 

Last evening, we enjoyed a reprise of Thanksgiving dinner, complete with a little two-buck Chuck.  We were tired and retired (um...tired and re-tired went over a bridge...oops, that's a rabbit trail) early. We awoke to fog and 37 degrees. Nevertheless, we were warm and cozy. Between the electric space heater which we left on low for the night, and Sadie's 40,000 btu furnace, there is no concern about a little chill in the air.

Jill took the girls out for their morning business, and we settled down to enjoy our morning coffee.  After breakfast, I figured out the idea of sending myself pictures for the blog.  I made a couple of test runs before I got it to work, but work it did.  We set out to explore Armitage park.  There are 36 lovely campsites, a picnic area, a boat launch, a beautiful river walk, and a nice, off-leash dog park, where the girls had a fine romp and tired themselves out.

Upon returning to Sadie, a bit chilled by the now 47 degree weather, it dawned on me that I had forgotten to TAKE any pictures to send to myself.  So, I went outside again and took a picture of Sadie, just so I could say that I had emailed myself a picture from my not-dumb phone and put it in my blog.
Here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment